RACINE, Wis. — The One-Boat Challenge, a four-part web series from Humminbird® and Minn Kota®, will debut its first episode on Thursday, March 19. The first show kicks off the series with the opening ceremony and an introduction to the eight strangers as they find themselves at Lake El Salto, Mexico for the competition. The contestants will battle using One-Boat Network™ technologies to see which team can catch the most fish for a chance to win $10,000 for their fishing charity of choice. The losers get a rude awakening and a trip back to reality.
Episode one will introduce the two-angler teams who all have a passion for competition and are all from different fishing disciplines and backgrounds. The teams will be faced with a series of challenges testing their fishing abilities, smarts and technical savvy with the One Boat Network. For the entirety of the competition, anglers relied on Humminbird SOLIX® units, MEGA 360 Imaging®, Talon shallow water anchors and a Minn Kota Ultrex™ trolling motor to help them locate and catch some of the most famous black bass in the world.
Contestants and their charity of choice include:
- Tyler Anderson, Bass Fishing YouTuber – Kids Outdoor Zone
- Mike Roy, Striped Bass Guide – Saltwater Guide’s Association
- Seth Funt, Pelagic Fisherman – Coastal Conservation Association
- Charlie Breitenbach, Inshore Fly Fisherman – Captains for Clean Water
- Cameron Black, Salmon and Steelhead Guide – Hatchery Wild Coexist
- Ashley Nichole Lewis, Salmon and Steelhead Guide – Brown Folks Fishing
- Willie Young, NFL Defensive End – Keep America Fishing
- Louie Vito, Olympic Snowboarder – Take Me Fishing
The teams were outfitted with gear from some of fishing’s most esteemed brands, including AFTCO, Angler’s Inn, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Gerber, Old Town Kayak, Rapala, Plano, Shimano, St. Croix Rods, StrikeKing and VMC. Vexus Boats, rigged with the One-Boat Network, were towed by Toyota USA trucks and SUVs throughout the competition.
Beginning on Thursday, March 19, episodes will release on OneBoatChallenge.com and Minn Kota’s YouTube channel. There will be four episodes highlighting the ups and downs of the competition as well as key features and benefits of the One-Boat Network, which will be released on the following Thursdays.
- March 19 – Opening Ceremony
- March 26 – Go Time
- April 2 – Uncharted Territories
- April 9 – The Big One
Tune in on Thursday, March 19 and follow along with the series by tracking #ONEBOATCHALLENGE. The episodes can be viewed at www.OneBoatChallenge.com.