The Hurricane Harvey Sportfishing & Marine Industry Recovery Fund has been established to specifically aid individuals and small businesses directly involved in the Texas offshore fishing and marine industry that have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey.
- 100% of donations received for the Hurricane Harvey Sportfishing & Marine Industry Fund will be distributed to individuals, families and small businesses directly involved in the Texas offshore fishing and marine industry.
- The distribution of funds will be managed by the Hurricane Harvey Sportfishing & Marine Industry Fund Committee comprised of Houston Big Game Fishing Club board members that are directly engaged in the offshore fishing and marine industries.
- Priority will be given to those individuals and businesses that are the life blood of the fishing community; captains, mates, service technicians, dock workers, craftsmen and support businesses.
- $20,000 has been allocated from the Houston Big Game Fishing Club’s Charitable Programs, which is funded annually by the Lone Star Shootout.
- Donations made are tax deductible thru contributions made to the Club, which is a 501 ( c ) ( 3) Texas Non-Profit Corporation.
- No donation is too small and every dollar is appreciated.
Contributions to the Hurricane Harvey Sportfishing & Marine Industry Recovery Fund will help the fishing and marine industry community rebuild their lives and their communities.