MIAMI – February 5, 2018
Miami International Boat Show – A bellwether for the $37 billion U.S. boating industry, the Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show®, docking Feb. 15-19, is the place to preview the latest boating trends. More than 100,000 boating enthusiasts will flock to the iconic waterside Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin to see firsthand the newest products in the boating industry from hundreds of manufacturers, which use the world-renowned boating event as a platform to unveil new boat models and the most anticipated marine innovations.
From the first driverless boat technology and a new action video camera with hands-free shooting, to a solar-powered dock and bevy of yacht and boat debuts, the 2018 Miami Boat Show provides show-goers a one-stop shop and ideal winter destination to experience the best of the boating lifestyle and stay on top of what’s hot in boating.
Boating trends and products to see at the 2018 Miami Boat Show include:
High Tech Hits the Water
The boating industry has embraced new technology as consumers turn to their smartphones to manage all aspects of their lives and expect ease of use in products purchased. Manufacturers are responding and will unveil boats and marine technologies that provide a more intuitive experience, including making boating as simple as pushing a button.
Exhibitors to see include:
- Mercury Vessel View – This suite of technologies is the closest the industry has come to a driverless boat. Working seamlessly with Mercury engines, the auto pilot and cruise technologies get boats to their final destination point while offering signals and alarms (similar to today’s cars) that alert the driver if another boat is coming or if it’s too shallow. Whether it’s quickly plotting out a few nearby fishing spots or heading to a new place that’s hours away – Mercury’s technologies all work together to take the guesswork out of boating.
- Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Action Camera – This new waterproof camera allows for hands-free shooting with voice control to start/stop recording, take photos and “remember” moments. Three-axis image stabilization ensures not a minute of the action is missed in any terrain, while a 1.75-inch touchscreen display clearly shows what’s being recorded. With the free VIRB® Mobile app, users can even livestream their adventures as they unfold.
- Solar Electric Power Zone (solar-powered dock) – presented by Torqeedo and PowerDocks, the new Blue Isles™ floating Solar Micro Grid Dock can self-generate 1,248 watts an hour of sustainable solar power. Get a close-up look at the latest electric boats powered by Torqeedo, including a Volt 18, Bruce 22 and Highfield inflatable. The combination of renewable solar power in a floating dock, plus quiet, clean electric propulsion, opens a new world of eco-friendly possibilities for marinas and boaters alike.
Opulence on the Open Seas
Miami Boat Show attendees can expect to see hundreds of new motor and sailing yachts on display, with dozens of world debuts from leading brands including the Marlow Explorer 80E (the largest confirmed yacht at the show).
Show-goers can also experience the boating lifestyle like a VIP with the new VIP Experience, an exclusive retreat featuring a two-story deck with stunning views of the show and Miami skyline, an indoor lounge, all-inclusive food and beverage, and entertainment.
Exhibitors to watch include:
- Marlow – Explorer 80E – Designed with the luxury lifestyle in mind, the Marlow 80E offers a large aft deck with options for hidden grills, setees and chaise lounges. The woodworking is impeccable, as on all Marlow Explorers, with grain-matched veneers throughout, achieved by the use of one single log for the entire yacht. Additional features for entertaining include a wine locker and entertainment center with wet bar and icemaker.
- Scout – 420 LXF – This luxury sport fisher features an epoxy-infused hull, providing improved structural stability and reducing the overall weight of the boat, equaling unsurpassed performance. Additional highlights include three-person aft-facing cockpit seat, full transom walk-through platform with dive ladder and a summer kitchen with Kenyon grill and Yeti slide-out cooler.
- Leopard Catamarans – Leopard 50 – The next generation of sailing catamarans, the Leopard 50’s exterior gives the hull a sleek and sophisticated look. Available with a multitude of options, buyers can opt for a flybridge lounge, known as Leopard 50L or the more familiar, continuous hardtop on the Leopard 50P. Available in a three-cabin plus utility room, four-cabin or five-cabin version.
The Millennial Boater
Manufacturers continue to build more accessible and versatile watercraft to attract new and younger boaters, offering an all-in-one experience from fishing and watersports, to cruising and entertaining. Sales in 2017 are estimated to be up for ski and wake boats (seven percent), pontoons (7-8 percent), cruisers (9-10 percent) – boats between 22 and 32 feet, and personal watercraft (5-6 percent) in 2017.
The Miami Boat Show provides an opportunity for serious shoppers to ‘test-drive’ more than 200 vessels in sea trials; there is sure to be a boat for every budget and lifestyle.
Exhibitors to watch include:
- SeaVee – 270Z Bay Boat – At 27 feet, the SeaVee 270Z bay boat is a stable fishing platform designed for large, exposed bays and coastal areas, as well as the occasional offshore excursion. Oversize bow and aft casting platforms are connected by wide gunwales that make walking from bow to stern safe and easy. The overall size of the aft platform is the largest currently available on any boat in this class.
- MasterCraft XStar – The completely redesigned 2018 XStar debuts with a radical new wake-specific hull design that can be equipped with 4,100 lbs. of ballast, the largest in the industry, a new midship ballast tank that enhances the wake and improves wake surfing performance and an optional, award-winning Gen 2 Surf System that creates three zones of perfectly sculpted, customizable surf.
- Contender – 32 ST – The 32 ST features aggressive lines and impressive speed with a one-piece level deck from bow to stern, twin raised livewells, walk-through transom, self-bailing cockpit, and a walk-in step down console.
- Sea-Doo – GTX and RXT – These new personal watercraft models offer creative storage options, the first-ever Bluetooth audio system with premium sound and its newly designed comfortable rear platform for lounging, diving or fishing. The all-new RXT-X 300 offers riders offshore performance with an exhilarating top speed of 60 mph, reached in just 3.6 seconds.
- Cobalt 23SC – Contoured for accessibility, the 23SC is built for fun – with a beach boarding ladder, spacious swim step, multi-use sunpad and plush seating. Adding to the strength and integrity of its design are an all fiberglass stringer system and cockpit liner deck, a Kevlar® reinforced hull, and solid stainless steel windshield braces.
Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin
3501 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149
February 15 – 19, 2018
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. every day
Premier Day (Feb. 15) $40
Adult (age 13+) $25
Two-Day Pass $45
Five-Day Pass $100
Child (12 & under) FREE
Tickets are available here: http://www.miamiboatshow.com/tickets-and-parkin
Visit www.MiamiBoatShow.com/accomodations now to book rooms at the best rates through the boat show’s official housing partner, OnPeak.
Photo: CBS4 Miami